Curated by Dutch designers Annemoon Geurts, Koen Rijnbeek and chef Edwin Severjin, the Eat, Drink, Design space during Dutch Design week featured a pop-up restaurant and temporary exhibition housed in an abandoned cinema.
The communal dinning area provided a great place to sup coffee or enjoy a gourmet meal (Severjin, presented an exclusive "design dinner" on select evenings) while experiencing the works of 28 designers.
Teen Vogue launches new user-generated site, The Fashion Click, located at http://fashion.teenvogue.com. The site draws from blogs around the world and utilizes proprietary aggregating technology to showcase young bloggers via learning technology and user voting. The concept was created by startup Tidal Labs as Teen Vogue hopes to bring readers closer to the styles they love by giving them a voice and a platform to showcase their coolest and most current DIY looks.
We think this is a great tactic for cultivating new talent by traditional media and optimizing reach among potential online readers.
Nobuyoshi Araki created this exclusive set of fetishistic food photographs, starring model and actress Kiko Mizuhara, for Barneys New York holiday catalog as a limited-edition pull-out poster, and on the front of the ever-desirable Barneys gift card.
Cosmetic brand Kiehl’s has enlisted Jeff Koons to create artwork for a limited edition of its Creme de Corps holiday collection launching today. Another, smaller run of Koons’ packaging will be introduced a few weeks later in select stores with prices start at $27.
100% of the profits (up to $200,000) will go towards The Koons Family Institute, an initiative of the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children.
Kelly Osbourne will design her own clothing line after embarking on a collaboration with an established design brand, reported Hollywood Life.
"I'm going to design for an already made line and the nonce I get enough experience and know what I'm doing I'll do my own independent one.... It's a really long process and I want to do it the right way."
While she wouldn't comment on which brand she's working with, but did say her designs will debut in the new year.We're hoping that she works with Betsey Johnson- especially after walking in Betsey's Fall 2010 runway show.
Regardless of which brand she chooses to work with, we're excited to see what Kelly brings to the table.
intriguing, interesting and entertaining news cultivated by In Your Head...
- Harvard Business Review report assesses economic importance of Michelle Obama’s fashion choices at $2.7bn.
- Projecting retail sales trends is a science, not an art. National Retail Federation projects US will increase holiday spending by 1% by spending more on quality & service as they turn away from discounters but a contrasting report by NPD Group proclaims that discount stores will be "top destination" for holiday spending.
- Neiman Marcus sold 100 special edition 2011 Chevrolet Camaro convertibles from the retailer's annual "Christmas Book" catalog in 3 minutes.
- Harvey Nichols launches the first ever pre-nup bridal packageincluding recommendations on scents, bridesmaid dresses, shoes, skincare, make-up as well as financial reassurance.
- Loving these fashion themed Halloween costumes for the daring.
- Eco-friendly floating restaurant with sustainable seafood set to open in marinas worldwide.