news bites 11.11.11
November 11, 2011 | By Shannon Kelly
A compilation of the best, relevant, and interest-worthy ideas and news from the past week...
- Is “Content and Commerce” the future? As magazines & retail converge, where will the editorial line be drawn?
- NYC needs this: Virtual grocery shopping via phone using QR codes at subway stops in Prague.
- Watch out Pinterest, PPR just invested $10m in Joe Einhorn’s company new website: The Fancy. (follow or re-pin @trendscaping on Pinterest)
- As Marc Jacobs-Dior talks halt; Fashionologie reports that Alexander Wang, Raf Simons, and Jason Wu are now being considered.
- According to IBM’s Coremetrics Benchmark, Mobile retail traffic projected to more than double this holiday season.
- Starbucks, acquiring juice brand Evolution Fresh, will attempt to do with juice what it did with coffee.
- No surprises here: 2012 food trends, including the rise of Korean food trucks and fine dining, focus on consumer need according to Nation's Restaurant News.