news bites 6.1.09
June 1, 2009 | By Shannon Kelly
Finger on the pulse; news we're following...
- Where to eat after your IPO?
- The art of preserving and canning is profiled in the NYTimes (DIY food trend for saving $)
- Jacques Torres opens Ice Cream shop in Dumbo.
- Burger Wars aren't reserved exclusively for NYC and it seems everyone has an opinion: T&L best burgers, Seattle Met list, MSNBC, Food Network... you get the idea.
- Obama at Blue Hill mania: New Pics from Eater.com.
- Karl Lagerfeld designs costume for The English National Ballet.
- Flat shoe vending machine debuts in select London nightclubs via Huffington Post.
- Louis Vuitton fetes 40th anniversary of Apollo 11 mission with new ad campaign featuring astronauts Aldrin, Lovell and Ride.
- Luxury retailers and designers rethink pricing models to shore up sales: “It is a daily push and fight to stay alive”. (continuing trend of luxury for less)