- Seventies-inspired looks have been trending for several seasons now.
- Rollerskating parties have reemerged across the United States, ushering in a new “Indie Sweetheart” skate queen and enmeshing a mothers memories of the past with her daughters dreams of the future.
- Globally, advertising campaigns and editorial spreads are featuring roller-skating culturewith sun-drenched images of models with high-waist shorts, ultra-long wavy hair and classic retro roller-skates.
- Cochella has embraced the roller-skating trend with its pop-up rink run by Down & Derby for two years.
- Shoe designer Nicholas Kirkwood detailed the making of his new thigh-high leopard print and Swarovski crystal–encrusted roller skates in a NOWNESS short film.
The ‘Diet Coke Limited Edition Collection by Karl Lagerfeld’ bottles will be available individually or in a Collector’s Box created by the designer this June.
There is also a new ad campaign featuring Coco Rocha, Heidi Mount and Jeneil Williams who are photographed by Kaiser Karl himself.
The video was too hilarious not to share (please forgive the soundtrack/camera) with Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde attempting to catch Pac-man. Some giant technology company or game manufacturer absolutely going to recreate this for a product launch. Mark my words.