- Nov. 6th – Dream up this crazy harebrained idea. Review all names submitted on Facebook to date. Explore parameters and competitive landscape so as to not overlap with other Croissant Doughnut hybrids and avoid future litigation. The following names were eliminated from consideration because they are currently being used as an alternate name for Cronut™: Cro-doughs, CroNot, Crö-Dough, Doughssant, Dosants, Doissant, Frissant, Froissants, The Cronetto, and Big O.
- Nov. 7th – Individually create a first round of names using our own unique blend of special sauce and magic dust (by working independently during this phase, we avoid influencing each other’s perceptions and ideas). Evening conference call to discuss how the name might fit with the current Ba Bar bakery/restaurant menu and brand.
- Nov. 8th – First round review. Assess both lists and segment by the most believable, unique and likeable options. Evaluate distinct concept paths based on research: French influenced, mashup fun (portmanteau), spoken cadence (witty, quick, simple), and ladylike (many popular pastry names denote a touch of femininity). Select top 10 options from 100.
- Nov. 9th – Meet at Ba Bar to taste “The Pastry That Shall Not Be Named.” Second round review based on taste, smell, emotional hook, and environment.
- Nov. 10th – Final review. Conduct preliminary research using the Internet, telephone listings, and other media to determine suitability, to see if the names we’re considering are currently being used by competitors, and whether the names can be legally protected. Select one free name. Narrow remaining names and purchase website domains for the extra concepts (available to Ba Bar or other bakeries for a naming fee). Publish this blog post and submit our name on Facebook at 10pm.
- It contains a reference to Ba Bar.
- It's a short and friendly name.
- It's unique and unexpected.
- It's easy to read and easy to say.
- It's a woman's name, which is a long-standing pastry tradition.
- It's a tribute to the brilliant and dedicated fictional chef created by Isak Dinesen in the story Babette's Feast. And it's an expression of our belief that whether they are world-famous and influential or simply world-class and dedicated to their art, women chefs rule.
- Kim O'Donnel, Food Writer & Author
eBay Head of Buyer Experience Carrie Bienkowski said: “By pairing views of social communities with eBay’s own vast selection of top Christmas gifts and mobile expertise we hope to give shoppers lots of inspiration and put a little bit of fun into Christmas shopping. Mobile technology is a catalyst for retail growth and is changing the way we shop. Consumers now carry a global showroom in their pocket and are increasingly as inclined to seek recommendations online and shop mobile as visit the high street.”
Research from the company shows Augmented Reality and 3D technologies could boost the retail industry by nearly $4bn by 2014.
While a Maison Martin Margiela-Ligne 13 Claustrophobic notebook is certainly unique, we’re particularly intrigued at how the brand is banking on cross-pollination from locals and travelers in a hotel setting to push sales.
- 1 of 7