According to natural winemakers Mary and Phillip at Ambyth, "Orange Wine" means letting the freshly crushed juice ferment on the skins, seeds, and stems — giving it an orange hue with great tannins. They use native yeast fermentation until dry, aging in 50/50 neutral oak barrels and stainless steel. The latest release (2011) is from Martian Ranch, but we were lucky enough to catch the current harvest fermentation.
10. The squid decal by Telluride, CO-based artist Nathan Frerichs.
- Study: Meatless Monday campaign reaches more than half of America.
What: Gift box containing Cuvée Brut w/ crystal flute in the shape of a shoe
Why: It's Ultra-creative & highly original. This LTO has roots in the 1880's when drinking champagne from a lady's shoe was popular.
Available at: Selfridges & Co.
What: Accessibly priced designs Stella McCartney designs for boys & girls.
Why: Watch her with the kids for the campaign. Video is worth 1000 words.
Available at: Gap Stores
CDG Parfum Daphne
What: Perfume collaboration between Daphne Guinness and Comme des Garçons
Why: We love the sentiment behind the scent...
"It’s very difficult to describe in words. It’s a mystery… Sometimes when you fall in love with people, you actually fall in love with their smell" -- Daphne Guinness
Available at: Dover Street Market
Lego X Frank Lloyd Wright
What: Lego® Architecture sets of Fallingwater & Guggenheim Museum
Why: Fueling inspiration for future architects, designers & architecture fans
Available at: DWR
What: Printed fan with illustrations by Alber Elbaz
Why: It's a classic, beautiful and affordable luxury.
Available at: LindeStore
Debbie Harry Vintage Rock T-shirts
What: Fully licensed and endorsed reproduction tees.
Why: Iconic Blonds rock.
Available at: WornFree.com
- White House says YES to Edible and organic garden (hooray!).
- Justin Timberlake might be expanding his empire to include tequila?
- Antonio Banderas jumps on the celeb buying trend to become partial vineyard owner.
- NYTimes frugal traveler visits one of our favorite travel picks, Obikà.
- Laura Chenel's Chevre announces new facility less than 3yrs after being acquired by family-owned French artisan company, Laiteries H. Triballat (planning for growth).
- Inspiration: beautiful photos of the market in Mumbai by Peter G (thanks MPG).
- The child stars of Slumdog Millionaire hit the runway at India fashion week.
- Fashion hijacks: Carine Roitfeld & House of Style (can't be missed).
- Feeling luxe? Quintessentially, a 'private members' club with a 24-hour global concierge service, has an iPhone app for all of your travel needs.
- If customizable bikes are the new black, then we're clearly ahead of the trend with a bespoke marketing consultancy!
- 1 of 2